Sunday, October 21, 2012

Random Political Opinion Here


Completely unrelated to previous posts: I don’t like how the governmental parties work in America. It is rather frightening how the people on each side think their candidate is perfect and the other one is a scumbag.
Personally, I don’t like where this country has gone lately, but I’d like to believe that President Obama has good intentions. Also, no matter how much I may agree with a lot of what Romney has said, I don’t like the way most Republicans around here seem to paint him - as if he is America’s (political) savior or something. Even if he becomes President and does everything he says/they hope he will, one person cannot fix everything. And one person shouldn't have to. 
"If it’s to be, it’s up to me," as the saying goes and all that. In our government system, it is up to everyone to make sure the world is a good place. And yeah, this is rather the kettle calling the pot black. I know, I haven't been very politically/socially/humanitarianally(?) active lately. In fact, I haven't been all that active in making the world better... ever. At least, with helping causes, etc. But I do try to make the world better from my having been in it through how I live, and I hope that's something. One of these days, I'll figure out how to do more and do it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has such mixed feelings about politics. I don't love everything Obama has done but I don't believe he's screwed everything up either. And I don't think Romney will be the quick fix people think he will be. Just like Obama wasn't the quick fix people thought he would be. If everyone just took a deep breath and realized we'd all like a better future and it doesn't really matter who's idea it is that gets us there I think everything would slowly get better. Unfortunately, compromise isn't something our political system is big on.

    ReplyDelete