Monday, March 19, 2012

Lovely Weekend

My loverly parents came up to Idaho this weekend!

Daddy came and picked me up Saturday afternoon and took me to Idaho Falls, where we picked up Mom from their hotel and went to dinner. Outback Steakhouse - holy cow. Amazing food. *drools thinking about it*

*snaps out of it*
Sorry. College student here. We don't get amazing, delicious, expensive food very often.

Then, when we were done, we went back to their hotel and changed into pretty clothes for Chris and Keira's second reception. Since Keira is from Idaho, they had another one here for all the Idahoans who wouldn't get to go to the one in Salt Lake.

After the reception, we went back to the hotel and changed again (this time into my favorite pair of pajamas [same pjs in the pictures], which Mommy and Daddy were nice enough to bring me after I left them at home like a sillyhead). Then Daddy brought me back to my dorm. I would've stayed in their hotel room - I was pretty tired - but I had left all my clothes and makeup and everything here. My roommates had gone shopping via my friend's Mark car, and he was still at our dorm, so he and my Dad got to meet then.

The next day Mom and Dad were going to make my dorm dinner and I had invited Aretha and Mark as well, so Mom, Dad, and Mark came to our ward (Mark's ward meets during the time we were going to eat). I sang a duet with a guy from my ward named Paul during Sacrament, and after Sacrament, Daddy went back to the dorm to start dinner cooking and Mom and Mark tagged along to Sunday School and RS/Priesthood.

After church we had ward choir. Mom went back to the dorm to wait and help Dad finish up the food. Choir was fun - we're singing next week and the guys finally seem to know their part! - and then we all crowded into the car to go back to our dorm... except Mark, who walked Aretha's roommate Rachel home, because she didn't want to squish in with the rest of us.

Then... we ate. And ATE.

You must understand, Sunday dinner is usually quite boring. But this dinner was lasagna and salad and pasta salad and garlic bread and soda and... Yum. Food. Real food.

Before Mommy and Daddy left, Aretha asked Lindsey to take a few pictures of us all on her phone (so that is where my pictures in this post come from).

From left to right: Jessy, Stephanie, Aretha, Me, Daddy, Mommy, Mark.

Silly us!


After Mom and Dad left, we all played a round of In a Pickle then Mark left and I took a lovely nap. After my nap, I got to talk with my wonderful bestie Jessica on the phone for awhile. That was nice; I've missed her.

And that is my wonderful weekend in a nutshell.

Oh! And also, Mom and Dad offered to drive up and bring us all down for General Conference, and I think we'll actually do it. That'll be cool. I may live half an hour from the Conference center, but I've still only actually gone in person either once or twice (I can't remember) in my life. My roommates are all very excited about it.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time with you and your roomies. Love ya sweetie ybf

    ReplyDelete