Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Annie the Snowwoman




Well, I told you I'd show these pics to you eventually. This happened several weeks ago now. It was the second snow of the semester, the first that we were all home for.

Stephanie, Lindsey, Aretha, Jessy and I went out to giggle like small children at the snowflakes. Lindsey and Stephanie made snow angels while Aretha and Jessy took pictures. Afterwards, those two went back inside and Lindsey, Stephanie and I drew pictures in the snow on the sidewalk and wrote messages and stuff. Then, because we were beginning to freeze, we were about to go in and be done when Stephanie and a girl from the next dorm over started a snowman. My shoes (just the slippers I'd had on to keep my feet warm inside) were soaked through, so I went in and put on boots and gloves and then rejoined them.

Once the snowman was up, we decided to make her a woman, because, you know, men can't be in the confines of the dorm after midnight, and we didn't think this one would be leaving anytime soon. So it was that Annie (named after Annie S. Kerr, the namesake of our dorms) was born.

The original Annie, before her make-over, provided by yours truly.

After make-over. She looks so much happier with definable eyes and I straight nose, don't you think?
The girl from the next dorm over who's name I have most unfortunately forgotten.


The Ode to Annie the Snowwoman
Beautiful Annie, made from the snow
after one night, she had to goooo.
The sidewalk scrapers didn't approve,
said poor Annie would have to move.
So they sent her tumbling down the hill,
so there she lies crumbling, in pieces still.
Of hat and scarf, we've nary a sign,
but don't worry, they're Stephanie's, not mine.

The end.

P.S. First sports article came out in the paper today, but hasn't been put online yet. I'll link it when it appears.

1 comment:

  1. what a great snowman, way to go. and the makeover was just right, I also liked the poem at the end. ybf

    ReplyDelete