Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's Sunday afternoon...

and I want to nap.

Mmmmyep.


Now that we've got that out of the way, here's a quick update on my life.

I had a Women's Choir concert last night... well, two of them. We did the same thing twice. It was a Barbershop thing and lots of fun. For our first song, the Bases (normally called Alto 2s) jumped out of the first row and onto the stage, then the rest of us either ran across the stage or burst through the side doors. It was quite the entrance, if you ask me. I was one of the side door people. Then we all ran up onto the stage and found our places on the risers. After the opening prayer we sang Sweet Hour of Prayer, and then we sang (and did actions, including passing big green leaves) High Hopes. You've heard it, I'm sure. "Once there was a little old ant, thought he'd move a rubber tree plant..." etc.

Besides the concerts (and all accompanying rehearsals) I've also had two tests, two seminars and plenty of homework this week, which is my excuse for not posting in a while.

In other News, I've been switched (sniff, sniff, sob) from the Arts and Entertainment section of the Scroll to the Sports section. Apparently, because Sports lost four of the seven writers they originally had, they decided to steal me from A&E 'cause A&E has nine writers... or had. Now, without me, they have eight. We'll see how this new thing goes, since I know next to nothing about Sports and have never had much interest in playing them.

Probably ought to mention that I have lovely classes. I adore my history and English classes, my science class is a lot of fun, women's choir is exhausting but exciting, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of writing for the Scroll. (No article this week, sorry. They didn't have room for the story I wrote in this week's edition, it'll be in next week's. It isn't time sensitive, so it'll be fine whenever they decide to put it up.)

My friend Sarah had a birthday this week. She's 17 now. You all ought to wish her Happy Birthday in the comments.

Um.... yeah. I can't think of anything else to write.

OH. We built a snow-woman a few weeks back and I got pictures. I'll post them sometime.

Now that's all.

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're so busy and loving college life!! I sure want to watch your next performance dolly! Maybe some sports exposure will be good for you. Good way to meet guys. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sarah! Come live with us this summer. Momma Toone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Concert sounds awesome. I winced for you at the sports announcement. It took me a moment to realize that the reference to your friend's birthday was about me.

    Um ... yeah. I am that tired today.

    @Lisa's Mom: Thanks! I'll take you up on that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete