Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fun fun

First, the promised link from last week's story: here.

And, TWO STORIES THIS WEEK to make up for being late with that link. Unfortunately, only one has been posted online yet: here.

Actually, I don't think they published two stories by me this week for that reason... I believe it's cause I wrote the second story almost a month ago and they haven't had room for it til now. *shrugs*

This last weekend being Presidents day, we had a long weekend. Due to some last minute convincing from my mom and the amazingness that is the Salt Lake Express, I magically appeared at home at 6:15 in the morning after a very long ride (I got on the bus at 2 am) and surprised my brother Jared, who was visiting.

Then... I slept. I would say I slept for hours and hours and hours, but it actually only ended up being from about 7 to about noon... which technically is hours and hours and hours, isn't it. Hmm. Well, around 12 my bestie Jessica texted a reply to something I'd texted the day before asking where I was. When I told her I was in Utah, she stopped texting and called to excitedly tell me that she was coming over immediately to see me.

Of course, I got up for that.

After about an hour, she and her sister Rachel had to leave, so we said goodbye... and I went back to sleep.

At about 4, she called again, asking if I wanted to go shopping. I decided that if I didn't get up sometime, I would get my days and nights mixed up, and anything with Jessica is fun, so I agreed.

I still hadn't surprised my sister, Gwen, yet, so Jared came and got me after about an hour of shopping and took me up to her house. There, he knocked on the door and told her he had brought a friend, whereupon I walked around the corner and she squealed quite adorably.

We spent several lovely hours with Gwen and her family and then went home, where Jared and I had some sibling bonding time over pizza and James Bond.

The next day was Sunday, and Stake Conference, and I (still catching up on sleep, mind) woke up barely in time to be ready for it. In fact, I don't think I had any makeup on and my hair was still wet when we got there. There were several really nice talks; I enjoyed it a lot. Afterward we said Goodbye to Jared and sent him off to catch his plane back to his girls. I fiddled on the piano for a while then convinced my dad to watch three episodes of Sherlock in a row with me.

Afterwards we ate my favoritest dish in the world, this broccoli fetticine stuff that mom discovered last year, and played Clue for hours. I won both games. Or I would've won the first one, anyway, if mom hadn't put two room cards and a person card in the envelope instead a room, a person and a weapon. I love Clue. We listened to the Sherlock soundtrack in the background while playing. Most stimulating.

I haven't told you guys about my obsession with Sherlock on here yet, have I? Hmm. Post idea.

I got a very long sleep, til noon the next day, then went to the eyedoctors and gave them my scratched old glasses so that they could put new lenses in the frames. While waiting for them to be done, I spent another hour and a half with my sister and her family and enjoyed it a lot. Had to get going though, so we went back and picked up my glasses just in time to get me home to pack and eat dinner on the way to the bus stop.

I had another long drive back up here, during which I did a LOT of homework, and then, arriving, discovered that my amazingly sweet friends Stephanie (you remember her, she's one of my roommates) and Aretha (my friend from India) walked through the snow all the way across campus to 'pick me up' (walk me home) from the bus stop. They're just lovely, aren't they?

And that, my dears, was my weekend. I hope it was long and detailed enough for you (Dad).

I am going to bed now. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very fun. I have the added benefit of the things you said to me while on the bus ride (hee hee) and so am quite happy to see that your hours and hours of sleep returned your sanity to you.

    To clear everything up: 7-12 is FIVE hours, making it hours and hours. 1ish-4 is around THREE hours, which is hours. Thus if you add up all your daytime sleeping together it makes hours and hours and hours.

    I am quite certain my logic is flawless on this point. I have spent hours and hours AND hours calculating sleep times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Thank you very much, now if I could only get you on a bi-weekly schedule, we would be doing great. It was great having you home last weekend, The house is quiet without you here. ybf

    ReplyDelete